Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Open Class County Fair Entries

Growing up I was in 4-H and we spent most of our summers working on our projects to display at our County Fair. This year I decided to enter some items in our County Fair. 

I was very surprised to get Blues on all the items I entered and shocked that I got an Award of Merit on the Christmas small couch quilt. I love using all the decorative stitches on my sewing machine as can be seen on the pillow and quilt. I have enough blocks made for another pillow and a table runner.

I was asked to do a demo/talk about Penny Rugs  (candle mats). I enjoyed sharing with others what I have learned about that craft and was excited that other people shared my interest.

There are lots of talented people and I encourage everyone to enter your crafts, flowers, bake goods or whatever at your local county fair. Share with others the joy you have in your hobbies.  

No comments: