Thursday, April 24, 2014

Crazy quilt vest

Last summer I decided I would like to make some of my own clothing. I started with 2 elastic waist denim skirt. One had a kick pleat and the other just an open slit. I had collected fall fabrics and wanted to incorporate them into a vest. First, I had to fit the pattern to me. I wound up using a combination of 2 patterns but still changed the neckline and the arm hole and adding darts. Sewing on the material with the decorative stitches on my sewing machine was fun. I learned a lot (at least I hope I did) about fitting a vest. The next vest I make will not have a straight hem. I hope to make a number of vests. The next one maybe will be batiks with a tie back. Skirts and vests may be the only items that I sew for myself. I was gifted a Craftsy sewing class "The Classic Tailored Shirt" and I may try that. I have never attempted button holes so it could be interesting. I wonder how many practice button holes I make before I try the "real" thing.

No comments: