Monday, March 7, 2016

Colorado Row by Row



While visiting my daughter in Colorado last July we stopped at 6 quilt shops that were participating in the Row by Row experience. https://www.rowbyrowexperience.com   Each shop offered a free 9" x 36" pattern. Purchasing the fabric kit to make the "row" was optional. I haven't done a lot of applique but after working on this quilt,  I feel a bit more confident.  The top row displays snow flakes, the second row shows mountains with snow, the third row depicts water (which was the theme for this  year's Row by Row experience) the fourth row is a variation of the Colorado state flag, the fifth row depicts mountains and the sixth displays flowers with thunder, cloud and sunshine.  My long arm quilter, Rhonda, did an awesome job!

This will be a gift for my daughter's birthday, but first it will be displayed at our local quilt show in a few weeks.

I think this will be a wonderful keepsake for my daughter not only of Colorado  but as well as our time together visiting 6 quilt shops in just a few days.

No comments: