Thursday, June 7, 2012

UFO- Dresdan Plate Pillow and table runner

I finished an UFO (unfinished object) that I started March of 2010. I really like  the Dresdan plate quilt block but didn't know if I wanted to do a whole quilt with it so... I decided on a pillow for my living room instead. I used 5" charm squares from the Moda "Happy" line.


I had enough from one package of charm squares  to make a table runner with the remaining material. Usually, I use a low loft cotton batting for my table runners but in this one I used a high loft polyester batting. It is a quilt-as-you go pattern.

3 comments:

Kar said...

Love this... Someday I will try quilting

Karen said...

Excellent Dresden pillow, the fabric sure is happy! Wonderful table runner too.

Jo said...

Thank you for your comments. My Mom made a dresdan plate lap quilt out during WWII, reappliqued the blocks and put them into a quilt for my daughter. I have always loved that design.

I am learning something new all the time. I started this blog as a way to chronicle what I have learned.