Monday, May 14, 2012

Altered Book- Inspire To...

I always liked altered books, but so many I had seen used a lot of dark colors and I wanted something different, more personal, with a theme. I named my project “Imagine to..”

My first task was to find a book; I wanted to incorporate some of the book’s themes so this made the task a little bit harder. I had read a book and found a number of passages that I wanted to share. The book’s focus was building faith in a Christian church.

In my altered book I used: scenery pictures (flowering plants, herbs and a sunflower field) printed bible verses on vellum, stickers, brads, homemade paper and  other embellishments I had from rubber stamping.

I really enjoyed making this project as a gift for my daughter for Christmas in 2008.

My daugher's Christmas gift in 2008

Some of the bible verses I wanted to share with my daughter.

The Sunflower field is near our home.

The cover of my Altered book. I used rose petal paper.

No comments: